Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tuesday Downloads - Thank god for the iPod store!

So every Tuesday, I refresh my music library a bit with some new tunes to run and bike with.  Here's what I'm listening to now. As a warning, my tastes are *eclectic* to say the very least.  Seriously, one week it could be jazz, another pop, another electronic, etc.  Okay, enough said, here's what's crankin' in the iPod:
1) Discovery LP - sick electronic beats. Just gnarly stuff. Check em out it's just too funky to not get into.
2) Oakenfold: Perfecto: Vegas.  A series of remixes done by the man himself.  Normally, Oakenfold doesn't digest well with me but this one wasn't bad.  Lot's of up-beat sounds and less vocals. I liked it. 
3) Mariah Carey Obsessed.  Okay, so the new single came out and as a BIG mariah fan, I had to. It's okay, I can see how millions will go ape-shit over this but I give it a 6/10.  Gotta love that angelic voice.
4) Ministry of Sound, Chilled.  Sick, sick ibiza mix.  I will be running 10 miles tomorrow to the tune of this track. Just a killer mix of songs on 3 CD's that just keeps the listener engaged and guessing about how each track will progress (i.e. when the synth will kick in, unexpected drumroll, etc)

So there you have it. In the words of Chappelle: "Turn them shits up!" . Song: Turn my headphones up.

No comments:

Post a Comment