Thursday, December 30, 2010
Sunday, December 26, 2010
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Oakland Buddhist Church, D-Girls division basketball. We had just won our second in a row!
So I'm 26...which apparently means I've been living on this earth for more than a quarter of a century. Sigh...man that sounds like a while huh!? Remarkable to think that in 26 years my life would be where it is now. If you would have told me that I'd take up cycling, shave my legs and pay top dollar for bike shoes [more than my real work shoes], I'd have called you crazy 18 months ago. And now...psssht....I try and pull all the shinnanigans I can when it comes to blowing $$'s on bike stuff!
The day after I turned 26, I decided to go for a nice and quiet bike ride all to my lonesome. Roughly 3 hours in the saddle, 261 watt average [12 minutes included of 'lolly-gagging' and one flat tire]. Meh. I was happy though. And to cap it all off, I took to the field coaching my girls and we won! And then today...we won [again!]. That means the team is 3-0 with me as Coach~! Scary or remarkable? Your opinion of course...
Coaching has been a lot of fun for me as it involves my competitive side and my schooling side. It's fun to watch my girls compete but let me say...they damn near give me heart attacks each time we play. Oooh good gracious it is so gut-wrenching to watch! I can't help but get up, yell my a** off and stomp on the floor! Okay...not stomping on the floor just yet but it's pretty damn close! As a boy, I used to play for the same buddhist church and so giving back and coming full circle has been really important and nice for me. Without question, this has been a very rewarding and promising experience...and the season is just starting! aiyah!
The OAKLAND RAIDERS WON!!!
Thursday, December 9, 2010
- This is the first time since I left the farm [house] for Brown that I was able to celebrate my bday at home with my family. Almost all the other times I have been away from my family and loved ones.
- This time last year, I was finalizing my new job prospects and thinking about the year to come. What a year it has been too....
- I'll be spending that Saturday coaching girls basketball and riding my bike and being with family. I can't wait.
- This Saturday, Mama Tellez will buy a new car.
- I hear it's a Toyota Prius. Hot.
- Tomorrow, I'm going to suffer doing intervals before going to work on the bike. Why? Because that's just what I do.
- I'm haven't named the bike to be yet...[only Paul has commented you schmucks!].
- Next year, I'm going to get into Track cycling. C'mon, skinsuit, TT helmet and near-black out experiences?!?!?! You gotta be kidding me!!!!
- I don't have a track bike. Shit.
- I'm 26 in less than 4 hours.
next time I blog...I'll be....TWENTY SIX YEARS OLD!!!
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
- I've been a vegan for two years now. Two years without meat, without a single glass of milk, without ever being tempted or swayed. I believe in veganism, I believe its good for animals and for the environment. Cheers for more years to come.
- 2.1111 months ago I was 192 lbs. No lie. Those that follow this blog know what I mean and what I looked like. My closest friends don't have to search far to remember what I was like during my meat-eating-beer-drinking-college days.
- Boy what a change 2 years make.
- One of the best decisiosn of my life was to join the Honolulu Club in Honolulu, HI. I made friends, got back in the best shape of my life and decided to change for the better. Joining that gym was step 1.
- My first job after my masters degree was at First Hawaiian Bank in Hawaii. I was living and working in paradise.
- It was also in Hawaii I discovered my athleticism rather by accident. And thank the lord for that.
- It's been one year and small change that I've been a cyclist. I picked up the bike by accident...a Specialized S-works from the Bike Shop Hawaii. Since then, i've been shaving my legs ever since.
- Since relocating back to the Bay Area, I currently work as a statistician.
- My nephew, William, was born a little more than a year ago. Now the kid is eating garlic crutons.
- My brother recently got a job. Hooray for him!
- My nickname among the group of roadies I ride with is 'Hawaii'. That's because I wore bib shorts and a short sleeve jersey in January [in California].
- I still love anime...after all these years....
- Little by little, I am forgetting my Japanese that I spent so long learning and busting my ass in college. Oh well.
For my birthday, I've decided to buy myself a carbon fibre bike! :-) Can't wait. I'm taking names for what I should call her. So far, the candidates are:
Roxanna [AKA Roxie for short]
Shaniqua :-)....still keepin' it hood!
I'm taking ideas everyone so feel free to pitch in!!!!