Sunday, December 19, 2010

The big Deuce-Six!


Oakland Buddhist Church, D-Girls division basketball. We had just won our second in a row!


So I'm 26...which apparently means I've been living on this earth for more than a quarter of a century. Sigh...man that sounds like a while huh!? Remarkable to think that in 26 years my life would be where it is now. If you would have told me that I'd take up cycling, shave my legs and pay top dollar for bike shoes [more than my real work shoes], I'd have called you crazy 18 months ago. And now...psssht....I try and pull all the shinnanigans I can when it comes to blowing $$'s on bike stuff!


The day after I turned 26, I decided to go for a nice and quiet bike ride all to my lonesome. Roughly 3 hours in the saddle, 261 watt average [12 minutes included of 'lolly-gagging' and one flat tire]. Meh. I was happy though. And to cap it all off, I took to the field coaching my girls and we won! And then today...we won [again!]. That means the team is 3-0 with me as Coach~! Scary or remarkable? Your opinion of course...


Coaching has been a lot of fun for me as it involves my competitive side and my schooling side. It's fun to watch my girls compete but let me say...they damn near give me heart attacks each time we play. Oooh good gracious it is so gut-wrenching to watch! I can't help but get up, yell my a** off and stomp on the floor! Okay...not stomping on the floor just yet but it's pretty damn close! As a boy, I used to play for the same buddhist church and so giving back and coming full circle has been really important and nice for me. Without question, this has been a very rewarding and promising experience...and the season is just starting! aiyah!


The OAKLAND RAIDERS WON!!!
yhp

1 comment:

  1. You aren't officially a coach until you get more butterflies than your kids do.

    Welcome to the coaching world my friend.

    ReplyDelete