Sunday, December 26, 2010

Xmas 2010 - Tellez Family Style

Mama Tellez modeling a new pair of xmas socks. Yep, they're NOT stockings!
Young Willis, hamming it up for the camera and the various papparazzi that were present!
From Left to Right: Katy, Willis and my brother Andy.
The familia, taken at Stanford Court Hotel. Xmas 2010.

I think the best way to start this post is to tell you a little bit about the xmas letters I would write to Santa when I was younger [not too long ago in fact!]. Without delay:
Dear Santa, 12/24/90

How are you? Well, enough chit-chat, let's get down to business. I want:
2 Ninja G.I. Joes
A spitfire airplane used in WW2
Basketball
A football for my big brother.

P.S. I have been a very good boy this year.

Isn't that just precious! Scheming from a young age! Xmas for the Tellez family goes a little something like this: At 4:15pm we leave for church and attend Xmas service at the first unitarian church of San Francisco. We've been going to this church since you or I were both in diapers - not together, you dope! Then, from 4:45pm to 6pm we are gathered around singing Xmas carols, lighting candles for Silent Night and then leaving feeling happy, hoarse [vocals...I'm gnarly at karaoke. Come see me sometime] and hungry.

At which point, the family goes to Stanford Court where we are meeted by the same jolly ole' staff that has been waiting on us since 123 AD. No joke. This year I was happy to be back home with my family - something that if you've been following this blog, I didn't do last year as I was 'stranded' in Hawaii'. The drive back home is accopmanied by taking in the glitz and glamour of downtown SF during Xmas time. Lights ablaze and wreaths adorned from the Macy's storefront and I'm immediately taken back to my childhood. These are the traditions we know and love and hold very true to our hearts. Wherever you, my followers, my friends, supporters and family are...please accept my deepest wishes that you're warm, healthy and happily enjoying this time with loved ones.

And on that note...Happy Holidays everyone. Go ahead, you're allowed to eat an extra 'un-friend' vegan donut today. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment