Friday, July 17, 2009

Daily Log for 7/16/09 - Final Hard workout!

And to top it off, my favorite pro cycling rider - the racing kangaroo, Heinrich Haussler - won the stage at today's Tour de France. He rides for Cervelo test and is the gentlemen next to the dude in the yellow glasses in the below picture. He was descending the hills and he was literally out of his sittle and squatting in the bike. A crazy stance and I'm not even sure there's a picutre for.
************UPDATE************* Nope, there's no picture for it. =)

Yesterday's workout was absolutely grueling and my legs are totally shot. My cycling legs are gone since this was the first week that I worked them hard everyday and will continue to pound them into submission well into next week. However, my running will taper down significantly in anticipation of my race.

Anyways, here's yesterday's logs.
Workout:
-----------------
AM: Nice bike, climbed this short hill that increases in gradient ridiculously fast
PM: 1 mile warm-up at 6:47 pace. Then 3 x 2 mile negative splits at 5:27 pace. Soon enough, 5:24's will become my new best friend with respect to pacing. Stupid fast day.
30 minutes bike ride with 5 minutes of hell. Resistance up so high that when I stop pedaling, the bike just stops in its tracks, no coasting whatsoever.

Diet:
------------------
Kind of good day in general. I'm settling into a nice morning and dinner routine which I'll pretty much stick to going into the race. Next week for 3 days will be straight smoothies and I'm not even joking!
Pre-bike: Electrolyte drink
Post-bike: Electrolyte drink
Breakfast: Huge green smoothie
Lunch: Fruit smoothie with banana and LaraBar thrown in for good measure.
Dinner: Another green smoothie
Snacks: Brown rice ball with veggies, water.

No comments:

Post a Comment