Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Traveling Tonight, 11pm red-eye. Yuck.

So yeah, the day has arrived where I fly back home again (finally). 4:50 cannot come soon enough in my opinion and I'm excited to race on Sunday. My legs, knees and quads are slowly starting to recover from the intense dual-pounding from the bike and cycling regimen. I have to say, this break is much needed as I think my body needs to heal itself before my next race (Kauai 1/2 Marathon) and my cycling schedule my coach is devising. Frankly, the next couple weeks will make the last 5 weeks seem like a pleasure cruise. I'm talking intense hill repeats with the bike at 12% AVERAGE gradients in the AM and then brutally fast runs in the PM. The goal is to bust a 1:10 half marathon time before my first year of running is over which in my opinion is a great goal.

Tonite, I won't even run (!) and will just do an hour on the bike at a very, very easy cadence. We're talking a heart rate that barely breaks 100. Interestingly, at a 7:30 pace, my heart rate is now 110 bpm. I'll probably rest a bit at the gym and watch the Tour de France for a while, go back home and blend my dinner. Tonite, it's going to be:
2 bananas
2 mangoes (hand-picked Hawaiian hayden mangoes...extremely fragrant)
1 pear
flaxseed and dulse (2 tbsp, 1 tbsp, respectively)
berries (as much as you got)
water (3/4 cup)
Kale (3 leaves)
Lettuce (1 whole head)
Ice (4 cubes)

I'll be traveling with a LaraBar and when I get back, my dad has some bananas on hand for me. Hopefully I can get some sleep. The next time I post, I'll be on the left coast back in the Bay Area. Man, i can't wait to get home.
Until then, Aloha!
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment