Thursday, July 9, 2009

Daily Log 7/9/09: Much better!

What a difference one day of not being bloated makes! Goodness gracious! Granted I was still a tad bit gassy but it wasn't anything like yesterday.  Yesterday it was pretty much impossible to run quickly when it felt like I had a stone in my stomach. Ugh. 

What was different today? Well, I've been experimenting and for lunch, I chomped on a LaraBar with an all fruit smoothie from JambaJuice.  I've grown fond of their Acai cups with fresh banana and blueberries and I mix in a LaraBar.  I think a couple of factors were at work here.  First, the portion was not that big at sixteen ounces and the banana and LaraBar made it filing.  I felt satiated but not stuffed. And because fruit digests quickly with me, it worked perfectly.  And so the experiment continues to find the right balance that will cause NO BLOATING since this is my ultimate goal.  Great workout today as well, I was very pleased with the result.  In truth, I have just under 2 weeks left of rigorous training before I have to tone down and rest up for my race.  

Anyways, here's todays awesome log. Well, not really awesome but just nice to run without feeling gassy. That truly sucks.  Whew!

Training Log:
---------------------
Diet:
Pre-bike - Electrolyte drink (I'm going to start buying this as this has become a staple. Ultima is a vegan, gluten-free, wheat-free and organic company that makes a great powder)
Post-bike - Vitamineralgreen + Earth
Snacks: Cherry pie LaraBar, Brown Rice &  Bean ball wrapped with spirulina, water.
Lunch: Acai Cup (basically, a blended all fruit smoothie minus the juice they put)
Post workout: SunWarrior raw vegan protein pack (35 grams of raw vegan protein goodness)
Dinner: Huge Green Smoothie with fresh cherries, dates and GoRaw super cookies as the crunch topping.  Super good.

Workout:
AM bike ride, about 15 miles
1 warm-up mile @ 6:30 pace.
6 miles at 5:46 pace, heart rate of 159-165.
1 mile @ 5:18 pace
1 mile @ 5:06 pace & on an incline

Tomorrow: Morning long bike ride will be about 18-20 miles. Hopefully longer if I can get up earlier.
Run will be a light 3 miles and weights.  Saturday will be a biiiig athletic day for me. And I mean, BIG.  I'm talking +50 miles on the bike TWICE and then running 14 miles.  Damn, that's going to be one sexy day.   =)

In the words of my friend Scott Spitz.  Run fast. Run Vegan (and Raw Vegan too)

No comments:

Post a Comment