Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tapering Down More...

As stated in an earlier blog, I'm tapering down a lot more this week and basically, the less gym time the better according to my running coach. Had a pretty nice hilly workout on the bike yesterday and climbed 8 small hills of varying grades and distances. Nothing intense like Halekoa though, that was a beast but I can say 'I DID IT!'. I'm going to start training on Halekoa I think twice a week when I get back because that hill is where it happens. If I can do that hill constantly at faster times, then I know I'll be unbeatable on hills. There's just no making up for constantly attacking hills that are truly NASTY and doing it repeatedly.

Pretty decent Monday although happy as hell when it finished. This week I'm tapering down lower and lower. Ran for an hour last night at my LSD pace and heart rate. Crazy to think that my 'super slow' pace is for other people their fastest pace. Humbling to recall that it all started 6 months ago for me and I've progressed this far with much more to go. I'm am constantly humbled by those around me and inspired my people who aspire for greatness.
The usual AM bike accompanied by a PM run and some situps.
Diet:
Pre-bike: Electrolyte drink
Post-bike: Raw Vegan protein shake with coconut water
Breakfast: Green smoothie with GoRaw granola
Lunch: 2 bananas, all fruit smoothie with a larabar
Dinner: A berry-delicious green smoothie (get it! I'm such a smarty)
Snacks: Spirulina brown rice ball. Looking forward to kicking this habit frankly.

Today will be another light day. And thank god too. My body has been running ragged as of late.
Aloha! Alex

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big fan of hills. They have helped my running so much. Even when you feel dead while working on them, you know they are helping tremendously. They are very satisfying to think about when you've completed the work out to. Sometimes I'm just like, "Man, did i really sprint that hill 15 times! That's crazy!" Keep it up man. can't wait to hear about race performances.

    ReplyDelete