Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Daily Log for 7/14/09 - Happy Bday Andy!

Let me take this opportunity to wish a very happy birthday to my older brother who turned 32 yesterday. Wow! That's getting up there...well, not really but it certainly is older than my 24 years young. Anyways, I rarely speak to my brother which is such a shame but he has an active life and wife that keeps him busy...not to mention a job that's pretty ridiculous. Much love to you Andy.

Yesterday was okay, couple of decent climbs in the AM bike ride. I realized the hard truth about my running and cycling career. It's tough to do both but it certainly is doable. Try putting in roughly 13.5 hours of cycling per week at intense pace IN ADDITION to intense running. My body isn't used to the increase in cycle time but I'm using Scott Nydham as my inspiration. That guy bought his first road bike at 25 and raced his first race at 26. I'm racing my first 112 miler in a few months so there's hope for me yet. Here's the thing though, Scott isn't a long distance runner though.

Oftentimes, I find it difficult to tame my aspirations because I want to be sooooo good in a very short period of time. Nowadays, if i ratchet my pace up 10 seconds I feel it instantly! Same goes with my bike. I feel as if everyone is so much better than me that I must pedal harder at harder gears up steeper climbs in order to progress. This is poor training though as it does not allow for adequate recovery and hence, my need for looking into a bike coach, IN ADDITION to my running coach who has been a wonderful mentor for me.

Anyways, here was yesterday's blog. Poor, poor eating day by my standards.
Diet
--------------
Pre-bike: Electrolyte drink
Post-bike: Electrolyte drink
Breakfast: Green Smoothie
Lunch: JambaJuice all fruit smoothie with fresh banana on top
Post-workout: Sun-warrior protein shake (raw vegan)
Dinner: Green smoothie
Snacks (this is where I was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad): Amy's Black bean burrito, Brown rice ball and 3 heads of baby romaine. I mean, it could be worse but let's just say I didn't feel great afterwards.

Workout Log
----------------
AM: 15 mile bike ride.
PM: 6 mile intense hill run. Final 2 miles were at average paces of 6:10 and 5:56 on steep climbs. Heart rate was like 175 - 180 so I was working!
20 minute cool down spin session on the bike.
Arms and stomach workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment