Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Daily Log 7/7/09: Perhaps, we should tone it down? Nah!

So today I woke up excited to get on my bike and ride a quick 15 miles.  Dressed in my team Liquigas apparel, I took to the roads of Honolulu at 5:30am and shockingly, there were buses of tourists out and about getting ready to watch the sun come up while the waves come crashing.  It was unexpected to be honest. Imagine, pedaling your ass off up a hill only to be greeted by cheery-eyed tourists taking photos of you struggling. Nonetheless, I had a great climb and an even better descent.  However, I'm still getting used to the high speeds on the downhills.

I was at work and it was funny to think, the 8 hours I'm working I have my feet up not because I'm lazy but because this is my recovery time until my run workout.  I swear, my body is always recovering from stuff! Thankfully, illness is the last on that list and I suppose I have the raw vegan diet to thank for that despite the obvious stress I place on my body.

Today's run was tough as it was 6 miles, all up hill at a 6:49 pace at a high grade.  No breaks for water, just straight uphill with increasing gradient.  I checked my heartrate and let's just say it was up there because I was bookin on the last mile going at a 6 minute pace despite the climb.  I can feel it already because uphill running + biking = intense soreness of the quads.  Do I listen? Nope. I just plough through it all and know I will adapt.  That's the key as I see it, adaptation to the workout.   Anywhoo, today's log is below. Aloha, Alex.

Diet:
Pre-bike - Ultima electrolyte drink with ONE coconut water
Post-bike - Vitamineralgreen + Earth
Breakfast - Green Smoothie
Snack - Green  Smoothie
Lunch - (I was bad here) Steel cut oats oatmeal, acai cup with organic granola and banana with chopped up larabar.  I probably could have done without the oatmeal. Ahhh, we'll get it down at some point!
Postwork out - SunWarrior Raw Vegan protein shake
@ Home - Ultima electrolyte drink
Dinner - Green Smoothie

Workout:
AM - 15 mile bike
PM - 6 miles, all of which was uphill at increasing grades
Weights: Chest & back

No comments:

Post a Comment