Thursday, July 16, 2009

Daily Log for 7/15/09 - Solid Workout


Man, that was a solid 7 miler last night.
Warmed up with 1 mile at a pretty slow pace, probably something around 6:45 pace. Then, for the next 5 miles: 5:56, 5:49, 5:39, 5:30, 5:27 with the last two miles at uphill gradients.

After that, I did some spinning on the bike for roughly 25 minutes, 8 of which were all out sprints. Basically, I cranked the resistance up so high that when I stopped pedaling, the pedals stopped (no coasting). I was going all out on my sprints and climbs lasting 4 minutes on average. Just brutal, brutal stuff. It's funny to look at the people around me just walking, talking, picking their nose, etc...watching me huff and puff on a bike.

Tour De France is on and I have been religiously watching. That guy Cavendish is a winning machine and it was the photo of Cavendish vs. Haussler at Milan-San Remo that got me into cycling in the first place. I'll post it. It's sick.

Here's yesterday's diet log:
----------------
Pre-bike: electrolyte drink
Post-bike: electrolyte drink
Breakfast: Green Smoothie
Lunch: Smoothie cup with fresh bananas and a LaraBar for good measure. Yum.
Post-workout: sun-warrior raw vegan protein powder
Dinner: Green Smoothie
Snacks (baaaad snack day again!): Brown rice ball with mung beens and sprouts, raw veggie hummus wraps. I mean, clearly there are worse things but this was a bit much. Still, soooo sooooo good.

Today and Saturday are my final hell days and I cannot wait for them to be over. I'm so close now, I can taste the marathon. T-minus 11 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment