Monday, July 6, 2009

Daily Log 7/6/09: Soreness Anyone?

Wow, I was sore from my double bike workout yesterday.  I apologize if I keep blogging about this but I truly love running and riding my bike (and Emily Ka Yi Tam...I'd be so dead if I didn't say this!) and I want to be a racer in both.  But, I know my heart lies in running and so despite the increased time on the bike, the running shoes ultimately wear the pants.  Having said that, I want to stress the importance of proper REST and active recovery.  

Like my friend Scott though, my biggest opponent is myself.  I tend to blast through things and I probably did that today.  I had a *very* unpleasant run.  Not because of soreness or lack of rest...no, this had to do with my lunch. I had a big salad with raw vegan 'crutons' and raw vegan 'mashed potatoes' and a vegan wrap.  During my run I was so bloated that I wanted to keel over.  LIterally, I had awful gas for some reason and I know it was my lunch.  Tomorrow, I"m going to try having an all fruit smoothie at Jamba Juice and chomping a LaraBar and seeing how that feels.  Basically, when you go to JambaJuice, you have to say you're a diabetic and have a dairy intolerance.  Then, all you end up getting is fruit and water. Perfect =)

Today's Log:
Bike: 20 miles
Run: 6 miles, 1 mile warm-up, 4 miles @ 5:50 pace, 1 mile at 5:30 pace. I would have gone longer had somebody not had terrible bloating and gas.  I swear it HURT so bad! Felt like i had rocks in my stomach...and at that pace. Ugh. 

Diet:
Pre-bike: Ultima electrolyte drink
Post-bike: Vitamineralgreen + Earth
Breakfast: Green Smoothie - papaya, strawberries, kale, bananas, pear, romaine, hemp, cacao, flaxseed.  Topped off with some Living Intentions raw granola.
Lunch: Ugh. This sucked. Tasty but did NOT sit well. Raw vegan mashed potatoes, huge salad with raw vegan crutons. Mushroom 'cream' dressing and a vegan veggie-wrap (whole wheat tortilla, hummus and raw veggies).
Post-workout: SunWarrior raw vegan protein powder (35 grams of raw vegan power. Hell Yeah!)
Pre-dinner: Ultima electrolyte drink
Dinner: Green Smoothie - strawberries, kale, red lettuce, pear, apple, bananas, hemp, Vega, flaxseed.  Topping of Living Intentions raw granola.  Slowly, I want to ween myself away from this.
Snacks: None. That keeps me pretty full in fact!

No comments:

Post a Comment