Monday, July 13, 2009

Daily LogS for the weekend (note plural)

Yeah, I need to get better about posting on the weekend as I'm not really getting to it much. I'll try and work on that but was totally bummed because one of my favorite cafes closed down! This was a nice, lay-back internet cafe that had comfortable couches were you could literally flop down and watch youtube till the cows come home. Not to mention, they made a great cup of chammomile tea (back when I used to drink tea that is).

This weekend was totally awesome because I got to live the life of a pro athlete (my fantasy job combined with something intellectual, like being a freelance writer or something). Basically, for two days, I worked out a TON, layed around in the hot tub and cold plunge, ate really good food and was overall lazy. It was wonderful.

Here's Saturday's workout log:
AM: Biked 20 miles and climbed a super steep hill (20%!!!)
PM: Ran a half marathon and finished at 1:16. Crazy thing was I did it matter-of-factly on the treadmill. What turned into a good 8 mile run ended up being a half marathon again. Whew, that's crazy! I cannot wait until my race because before then, I'm going to be jumping out of my skin to race...

Sunday's log:
AM: Biked 65 miles!!! Climbed 3 hills at alight 7%. I was totally sore from the ride and run the day before but got through it just fine. I went so fast my team was telling me to tone it down! It was a lot of fun. Those guys are so quick on the bike that it's difficult to stay with them on the downhills but the hills are what I like the most. There's just something about pain-tolerance and knowing that you can climb steep hills that makes it all the more rewarding.
PM: More biking but I just spun it out for 25 minutes.

I watched a lot of the tour de france. It's crazy because everyone is always asking 'How's Lance doing?'. I get kind of annoyed with this question but in truth, it's understandable. Nobody follows cycling and only know Lance because of his story and popularity. For example, nobody asks, 'How's Alberto Contador doing?'..and he's one of Lance's biggest rivals (incidentally, they are teammates). Seriously folks, competitive cycling is THE HARDEST sport in the world. You could give me Deion Sanders in his prime and he couldn't finish a stage of the tour. He'd probably bonk around mile 55 (little does he know there are 100 more to go plus hills) and hobble back to the batting cages.

But, all good things must come to an end and now I'm back in my job. Ahh, the weekend's are wonderful. I have company coming soon and have to pick up my place for that. One thing I hate more than asparagus: cleaning.

Peace up, A-town down (or whatever the hell young people say now)
AT

No comments:

Post a Comment