Monday, July 20, 2009

Daily Log for 7/19/09 - 65 miler + Mr. Contador?!?!

Yesterday, my friend and cycling team mate copped out due to 'late nite extremeties' so I was going solo. A day after Halekoa and a 10 mile run, I was good to go on a 'light bike'. That never happened as I was trying to bust the sound barrier for certain spurts. I have to say, it is just fun to cycle and do it quickly. I don't profess to knowing a lot about cycling but with time and quality coaching (so far, so good with my cycling coach) I am bound to improve.

Along the way, I was chomping on some LaraBars and some ProBars. Ran out of dates to make my electrolyte drink! Damn! So along the way it was the usual water stops and what not. But they had some papayas that I swear - if I wasn't a buddhist - I would forage those bad boys so quick!

I have some relatives visiting from out of town so I took them to a macrobiotic vegan place for dinner that serves Japanese style dishes. Good portions, reasonable price and 'healthy'. Some of it raw, most of it cooked. After we had dinner I felt unsatisfied as I was craving the fruit sugars. Where were they? No clue...certainly not on my plate. I had a grilled tempeh rueben with tons of vegetables and a hearty salad. Not too bad and definitely tasty but again, WHERE'S THE FRUIT!!!

To make matters worse, my blender crapped out this morning. Final week to go before the race. Countdown is 7 days from Monday. Tapering week. I have my nutrition and strategy plan for this week and the race itself from my running coach. Now all that's left is to just run the damn thing.

P.S. Anybody see Contador yesterday OWN the field on the hill with 5km to go? That guy is stupid fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment