Monday, July 13, 2009

Daily Log 7/13/09: I'm SPENT

<---- That's me devouring a raw vegan pizza from Cafe Gratitude, a sponsor of mine and an awesome place for a meal if you're in the bay area.  This picture was taken by the woman of my life, Emily, sometime in May. Just thought I'd put it out there.

Whew, after a long-ass weekend of riding and running my legs were spent this morning. Of course, this didnt stop my ignorant self from riding in the AM.  When I reached the bottom of this big hill, I found two more hills and said 'What the hell, let's go up em!'.  By the time I got to work, my legs were sore and stiff. I spent most of that day on my butt with my feet perched up on the trashcan, not because I'm lazy but because I needed to speed recovery before my next workout in the PM.  Oh, it was a hell of a 'recovery' day.  Thank god tomorrow is an easy recovery ride. Chances are though, I won't be able to help myself and will go up more hills. =)

Today's food log
---------------------
Pre-bike: Electrolyte drink
Post-bike: More electrolyte drink
Breakfast: Green smoothie with DRAGONFRUIT! Plus some dates with some pecans. Yum.
Lunch: Blueberry, banana, strawberry and Acai smoothie with two fresh bananas on top.
Post-workout: Raw vegan protein powder from Sun-Warrior, a dragon fruit, grapes and more electrolyte drink.
Dinner: Massive green smoothie. Holy crap this one was big (out of respect for my grad school buddies..."that's what she said")
Snacks: Water and Brown Rice ball. 

Workout log
-----------------------
AM: 1 hour bike with hills thrown in for good measure
PM: 6 mile run. I was soooo sore before this run but then I just released when I started and finished around a 5:27 pace. 20 minute spin session with 5 minutes of pure hill work at 20% grade.  Some chest and some back work to finish up a nice session. 

This is my final full week of workouts before my race. Crunch time baby. Gotta dig deep to mash out this final week.   Let's do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment