Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Daily Log 7/28/09 - Sinking in but does it matter?

So it's starting to sink in...that I podium placed on my first go around in a brutal half marathon competition.  Interestingly, this time automatically qualifies me for Boston and NYC half marathons.  Hmmmmm

Similar to Scott's experience, it's been trippy to pull this off.  I too am looking forward to seeing what I can do on a flatter course.  Unfortunately, my next race, Kauai Half Marathon will be difficult and not flat.  One of these days I'll do a fast course and really go all out. 

Still recovering a bit from the race on Sunday but was good enough to put 3 solid miles on big hills running a decent pace.  Calves and ankles not in as much pain. Tomorrow will be a good distance run, probably around 8 miles at a nice 5:50 pace. One thing I plan on doing tomorrow is cutting back on the cooked food. Not that I'm saying it's bad, as I'm still well within my weight range (130-140), but just want to be a bit more disciplined with my approach. 

Exercise log:
AM: 1.25 hour bike ride. Rain in the morning made for some bad ass bike conditions and with my jersey unzipped, I was smiling big time!
PM: 30 minute bike 'warm-up', then 30 minutes of intense hill work running.
Then, 1 hour spin class where I was 'dancing like contador' climbing hills on the stationary.  Oh I imagine the heart rate touched 175 at the most. Nothing too crazy.

Diet log:
Pre-bike: electrolyte drink
Breakfast: green smoothie with raw granola
Lunch: All fruit smoothie with a LaraBar thown in for good measure.  also, had some really tasty lady finger bananas. Super sweet and packed with flavor. Love these things!
Dinner: Green smoothie with raw granola.  Get the idea here - breakfast and dinner are easily digestible smoothies.  I like sweet smoothies but my mom loves savory ones. 
Snacks: Water, brown rice ball, barley and hijiki salad, oatcake.  Need to cut down on the snacking...BIG TIME.

tomorrow, my only snack will be the brown rice ball and a kale salad. And I could probably do without the larabar too. Just keep the sugar and wheat free oatcake. Those things are like legalized crack cakes...way too good. And the woman makes them special for me. No sugar, no flour, all organic.  Ingredients:
Whole Oats
Apricots
Bananas
Prunes
Canola Oil
Apple Sauce
Cinammon

That's it. 

1 comment:

  1. You were dancing on the pedals like Contador...I was in class to witness it. Also taking class from a guy who used to train with Lance Armstrong - that would make AC (aka Pistelero) happy, well not really. So glad you're taking spin class to supplement your crazy fast running and cycling outside.

    ReplyDelete