Saturday, July 4, 2009

My first half marathon!


So today, I ran the longest I've done at a certain pace and was pleased with the results.  I ran the first 7 miles at a 6 minute pace and the rest at a sub 6 pace and finishing in under 1:17.  I'm purposely going to avoid putting the real time down but just know that it was faster than 1:17, for which, I'm stoked about.  One of the reasons was prior to the race, I biked 25 miles and then ate a huge green smoothie for breakfast which didn't sit well while I ran.  I know that come race day, I'll be more than ready to roll and my nutrition will be good. 

Had some cooked food in the form of a bean-minsestrone vegan soup.  Made with vegetable broth, garlic, black beans, tomatoes, zucchini and fresh spinach thrown on top. Yummy stuff but definitely not raw which is ultimately what my body craves.

Tomorrow I've got a 55 mile bike ride and I'm going to take the day off running. I will however work out at the gym tomorrow.  I can't help but get excited about my bike ride tomorrow but starting Monday, things get serious.  I'll have 3 weeks before the race and so my diet will get pretty serious and my training.  

By the way, had some Clif Shot Blocks for running food and the strawberry flavor was great. Post race snack: Water, banana and some celery.  Quality stuff I tell ya!  Alright, I'm done for today, I've got to rest up for my bike ride tomorrow. I will be cycling with the whole team tomorrow and I know we'll be hauling ass down the hills.  Hope you all had a wonderful and safe fourth of July.  Aloha!

1 comment:

  1. Come on man, what was your 1/2 time? Anything under 1:17:00 is awesome regardless!

    ReplyDelete