Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Terrible Tuesday's

Tuesdays can be summed up by one word: Suffering [not cycling though, I have the day off but in running]. I had to do 4 x 2 mile negative splits [5 minutes of rest between reps].
Here were the mile times:
First rep of 2 - 5:49 pace
Second rep - 5:39 pace
Third rep - 5:33 pace
4th rep - 5:34 pace

Without question, I was suffering during rep 3 and then the last mile of rep 4 was pretty harsh. I think what made it difficult was that my legs were already shot from all the cycling over the weekend and didn't have enough time to replenish itself. Recovery ride tomorrow in the AM and then a much needed recovery run in the evening. Here's the diet log

Breakfast: Green smoothie, Clif bar
Lunch: Green smoothie, clif bar
Dinner: Brown rice pasta with vegan 'chikin' salad and hot sicilian tomato sauce. Good stuff I tell ya!
Snacks: Larabar, 2 bananas, another clifbar, apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment