Tuesday, October 20, 2009

13 days left - Final hard Tuesday

Glad that nonsense is all over with. I have to admit, looking at myself now I cannot help but smile at the person I have become. The time now is 8:52 HNL time and I'm sitting on my couch, watching Iron Chef [the original one no less] in compression tights, downing an electrolyte drink. Now if that doesn't scream 'recovery' I don't know what would...well, that's not true. Perhaps a massage at the club would be good. Cue Rush Hour 2 scene with Chris Tucker going into 'Heaven on Earth' massage parlor.

You know, I've been getting into Drake, Lil Wayne's new prodigy / project and he has an outstanding song [besides 'Best I ever had'] called "Houstatlantavegas". Pretty good song and the beat is not bad either. Favorite lyric: "Tonite is about to happen all over again". Wonder what he means....hmmmm

Had a guiness beer and I still love this one. Although it will be good to get some Fat Tire and Chimay back in the mix after the race. No doubt, this will be high on the priority list with my dad for dinner. What's in Alex's post race meal? Thought you'd never ask!
2 bananas = 200 calories
1 ClifBar Protein Bar= 270 calories
1 Raw Vegan Protein Shake = 110 calories
1 vegan electrolyte drink = 10 calories
GRAND TOTAL = 590 calories post race.
For those that will come and watch, you'll be amazed how fast I can wolf this 'mini-meal' down.

Here's the diet log. Liiiiiiiitle too much Oatmeal today!
Breakfast: green smoothie
Lunch: Oatmeal [x2], Jamba Juice all fruit smoothie
Dinner: MORE oatmeal.
Snacks: You guessed it! Oatmeal. Ugh, I'm done with oatmeal for a cool minute.

Exercise Log -
AM: Openers on the bike in preparation for what's to come in a few hours
PM: 1 mile warm up, 4 x 2 mile negative repeats. How stupid were the times?
Rep 1 - 5:49 average
Rep 2 - 5:39 average
Rep 3 - 5:32 average
Rep 4 - 5:23 average

Currently on the iPod: Drake, Dirty Vegas, The Dream, Mariah, Joe, Jenny Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment