Wednesday, October 21, 2009

12 days left

Running through Waikiki this afternoon I noticed 2 things:
1) Winter is clearly coming. God forbid it get below 70 this time around and dark at 6:30pm.
2) My cycling tan lines are even more prominent. This is a true statement for most cyclists that spend +4 hours on any given day in the saddle. And let me say...it looked REAL BAD. I guess as a skinny filipino kid it makes it all the more prominent but man, people in SF will be SHOCKED!

Expecting some goodies this week from my sponsors. Mainly, some SunWarrior Raw Vegan protein, Laughing Giraffe Granola and Navitas Naturals Raw Cacao [Chocolate] and Flaxseed. These are pretty good and I'll be sure to take some good photos for you guys when they come in. Of course, HealthForce is always on point sending me Vitamineralgreen.

This morning I was dying up Tantalus which probably had a lot to do with last night's run workout. I've got my final day of intensity tomorrow and then it's full taper down mode. Not really excited about the race just yet, that'll probably happen on Saturday afternoon and well into next week. I've got a busy schedule when I get back but busy in the good way =) It'll be good to see friends, family and my nephew William [who I have affectionately named 'Bill']. For now though, it's continuing to stay healthy and out of harm's way. Today I kind of went back and fourth on raw and cooked stuff...mainly I was craving salad but the kind people at Umeke were constantly throwing in vegan goodies for me...I know, I'm spoiled.

Breakfast - Green smoothie, clif bar
Lunch - Vegan chili, brown rice and cabbage salad
Dinner - Chopped Veggie salad, brown rice pasta with tofu
Snacks: All fruit jamba juice, banana, LaraBar

AM - Tantalus climb
PM - 7 mile recovery run @ 130 bpm
Currently listening to: Norah Jones - The Nearness of You [masculine, I know]

No comments:

Post a Comment