Monday, October 26, 2009

6 Days Left - ALEJANDRO!!!!!!


Can you believe it! Lady GaGa finally did a song named after yours truly! It is crazy good too...certainly one to run to...cycling..hmm, jury is still out but for the time being I'm enjoying this. Nothing quite like a belly full of oatmeal, nodding your head to Lady GaGa saying "Alejandro" in that sexy electronic voice she has. You can hear the song on YouTube..just type in "Lady GaGa Alejandro" and you'll get it.

Little did I know she writes her own music and plays the piano at shows. Now that's pretty impressive. Not since Alicia Keys did that have I had any respect for a performing artist in the pop genre. Jazz well...Diana Krall, Norah Jones...you name 'em and they back their shit up.

Starting to get excited about going back home and I can already feel my mid and body start to get ready for the race. Legs and energy are low as I'm gathering right now and starting to narrow my focus. Hence, my 8 mile run felt sooooo long. My legs seemed cemented to the ground. Pretty decent Monday...can't complain. Starting to do laundry in anticipation of returning home. But seriously...the highlight is CLEARLY the song called "Alejandro". Holy shit. I haven't been this excited about a song since the Clipse came out with 'I'm good'.

Favorite Lyric: "You know that I love you boy, hot like Mexico, rejoice, at this point I have to choose..." I mean, c'mon, how often do you come across a club-banger named after you?!?!

Exercise Log;
AM - Recovery Ride
PM - 8 mile slooooooooooooooow run. At 108 bpm, my pace is 8:39/mile.

Diet Log:
Breakfast - Banana-Mango-LaraBar smoothie
Lunch - Tofu and Eggplant over brown rice, cabbage salad
Dinner - Super good oatmeal, 1 apple, 3 bananas, almond butter, Clif protein bar
Snacks: Electrolyte drink, LaraBar [banana bread flavor]

No comments:

Post a Comment