Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A new PR on Tantalus!

Today was my morning prologue effort up Tantalus Drive and I hit 20 mins and 49 seconds up the beast. That's a new PR for me and I'm pumped about it. Of course, my good friend Mike can do this much faster but soon enough, I'll get there [assuming I'm still here].

I think my saving grace or salvation has been my athleticism. My salvation is running and cycling. It's really a drug to me that once I do, I feel so much better about myself and my situation. Suddenly, all is not doom and gloom and after a hot shower, man, things are just way better.

I was at work and my legs were so blasted! I had to put my feet up most of the time due to the pain I felt. Each step my legs felt like rubber. Awful feeling in fact! But well worth it considering I PR'd. Hell, if I can do that 4 times like on my Saturday ride...I'll be one happy dude. Here's today's log.
Diet Log -
Breakfast: Green smoothie, clif bar.
Lunch: Brown rice pasta, tomato sauce and tofu 'chikin' strips. Super tasty with chili flakes added for extra punch.
Dinner: Green smoothie, clif bar.

Exercise Log -
AM: Uphill prologue effort. 4.1 miles up. 4.1 miles down.
PM: Recovery run of 8 miles. Pace? Who knows. It was awesome though. A welcome break to the killer workouts I've been going through.

One more day of punishment and then I get a day off! Hooray for Fridays!

No comments:

Post a Comment