Saturday, October 24, 2009

8 Days Left - Stacy's Mom


That was indeed on the iPod as I charged up Tantalus a few times. Stacy's mom. Why is that? Well for the past few weekends, I've noticed an older woman who runs up that hill almost as often as I consume bananas [often]. As such, I felt Fountains of Wayne - Stacy's Mom would be appropriate for this bog post. And she did have it going on.

Okay, enough of that! I was going to ride out to Hanauma Bay when I had an explosive flat tire. Air went out in like 1 second and I saved it before Evelyn got into any more trouble. I waited and some guys from Mike's team, Team Pac Velo, helped me back to their shop, www.itbhawaii.com. Really good guys that took care of me and Evelyn. Met the owner and they have a nice shop. Mike Z., you got me as a teammate [although I think I told you that already =)].

Pretty good day today. Met a woman at Barnes and Nobles and she is trying to go Vegan. I told her about my story [the abridged version] and those that inspired me along the way. I hope she goes ahead and pushes through. And as a gesture of appreciation, I offered her a -you guessed it - banana.

AM: 45 miles on the bike
PM: 8.5 miles easy run

Diet Log:
Breakfast - Banana
Post-ride: electrolyte drink, bananas, clif protein bar, oatcake
Lunch: vegan 'tuna' sandwich with agave soda. This is just sinful.
Dinner: Brown rice pasta with tofu.

"I know it might be wrong but I'm in love with Stacy's mom."

1 comment: