Monday, October 19, 2009

14 days left: 1 more week of intensity

Today [Monday] marks the final two weeks of training before my next race, the US half marathon in San Francisco. And what better way to start off the week than with an easy 8 mile effort at 130 bpm. Chances are good I'll be doing this in the gym watching Raiders's division rivals go at eachother [broncos v chargers]. Best part of that game is someone will lose which looks better for the raiders! Thank goodness for that!

Ahhh, once Thursday hits, I'll be done with intense workouts and I'm pretty happy about that. No doubt, cycling continues but at sloooooooooow cadence. And then comes the ultimate anti-atkins diet. Nothing but fruits, veggies and whole grains for me 2 weeks out. So as a response to your questions about what was in Alex's grocery bag at whole foods?

4 hands of bananas
frozen mango chunks
blueberries
pineapples
kale..lots of kale
Steel cut oats
Brown rice pasta [gluten and soy free]
Brown rice raw vegan protein shake
Freshly ground raw almond butter
LaraBars...the Chocolate coconut flavor. If you aren't aware of how good LaraBars are, you are really missing out on life. Really. It's that serious. They won't make the bar if it has more than 5 ingredients! Some are just 2 ingredients [i.e. cashew + dates]. Before you go rambling on about how boring that must sound, go buy one yourself and try...I recommend Cashew Cookie and Banana-Walnut Bread. You'll be amazed at how simple yet filling these bars.
Check out more flavors @: www.LaraBar.com

Try one and let me know what you think. If you don't like it, I'll pay you the $1.89 for the burden so you can get a deep-fried-fat-soaked-greasy-sticky-refined-sugar candy bar of your choice. =)

3 comments:

  1. Banana-Walnut LaraBar sounds amazing. I must admit I'm partial to the Coconut Cream Pie and PB+J ones, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, PB+J is an awesome flavor right! Do you guys like the jocolate line? They released a new flavor: German Chocolate Cake. Wow. That's all I'll say about it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, never actually tried the Jocolate line. German Chocolate cake does sound pretty good. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete