Saturday, October 17, 2009

Capitalism: A Love Story

My take: Totally outrageous! If you've seen Michael Moore's past films, you'll be pleased to know he is at the height of his tomfoolery in this one. As a banker, I have to agree with some of his claims such as making a citizen's arrest of AIG...classic. Naturally I fixed myself a shmorgesboard of salads and other vegan fixins' to munch on whilst watching this film.

Prior to that, I did my usual hill climb progression with my semi-busted SRM. Sigh. This time, I tried something new with respect to my running. Usually, I cycle in the AM but then run in the PM. By the time this rolls around, my legs are sore and it takes a good 7 miles to finally warm up. Today, I tried going straight through. After cycling, I showered, pounded some water, threw on the Oakley's and ran 12 miles at 145 bpm. It was super HOT. 88 degrees with like no breeze. This, AFTER an intense bike session = serious caloric loss. And you know what this means don't you?!!?! Fruit, fruit, fruit! Plus I had some awesome brown rice pasta with tofu that went really well with Sicilian Hot Tomato sauce. Yum.

Having really good meals is one way to take away 'the sting' of prolonged exercise bouts. In truth, I don't know what I like more, my oatmeal or my pasta. Tough, tough call. I guess I'll have to just live with them both!

Here's today's log. Full of stuff really!
AM: Cycle; hill climbs followed by 12 mile run. Ugh. Breakfast? nope. Hydrated? You betcha
PM: NOTHING!

Diet log
Snack 1: 2 oatcakes 2 bananas, clif protein bar
Snack 2: salad with vegan fixins' courtesy of Whole Foods.
Snack 3: Jamba Juice 'Alex' style - Blueberries, strawberries, bananas, water.
Dinner: Brown rice pasta with tofu and tomato sauce. Lip-smackin' good!

No comments:

Post a Comment