Thursday, May 27, 2010

Post Numero Uno






Aloha from the islands!!

Honestly, this post would have been sooner had it not been for Delta being delayed by 2 hours. Something about the president flying into SFO? What's all that hub-bub about? In the words of Sergeant Schulz: "I know nutttzzing!" No but really, when AF1 flies, NO ONE ELSE FLIES....So we sat there like a bag of hammers...I all but finished my book and the guy next to me had a fierce snore. FAIL.

Some 7 hours later, we get to Hawaii. Mike picks my skinny ass up and we promptly make our way to Safeway for much needed bananas. That night I killed 4 of them along with a LaraBar. Of course, I'm jetlagged as all hell the next morning and get up at 4:25am and start to work on the bike...getting her tuned up. At 6:30am I hit my first morning ride, quick recovery. At 10am I ride out again to momentum to see madeline! After that, a quick lunch, a happy Borders run and a nap later, it's time for ride numero 3. Ugh....safe to say dinner was a lot of brown rice pasta ;-)

Food for the day:
1) snack 1: A hawaiian oatcake [exclusive to the islands] and a small Tea at Sbucks.
2) Acai warrior bowl! Acai smoothie with kiwi, bananas and granola on top [sans the honey]
3) Oogave Soda! [agave flavored soda!] one vegan sandwich and 2 slices of vegan gluten free blueberry loaf. Man it's good to be back on the islands.

Bikini-toting-surf-board-women? Ummm...hells yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment