Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wild Turkeys


Today on my ride, I saw a yhprunning.com first: Wild Turkeys.
Yes, apparently

a) They exist in California

b) They exist on my local 15 minute climb.


Who woulda thunk it?
And let me say this, them brothas are S-C-A-R-Y!!
Big ass talons that look like they could tear a new one into my okole....not to mention eyes that are going every which way. It's like, they were mean-mugging me AND looking the other direction. Some crazy stuff huh?

There was a family of 3 that I noticed and one of them was just staring at your boy. Just looking at me like he wanted to do something! However, I quickly diffused the situation and proudly exclaimed:
Don't worry Mr. & Mrs. Turkey. I'm vegan.
They bowed their heads to me and then offered me a bottle of Wild Turkey burboun.....Okay, that's not what happened, but it was cool to say that. We had a connection ya know...a thing.
Who knows what tomorrow will bring? Sea otters? I wouldn't put it past me!

No comments:

Post a Comment