Sunday, April 11, 2010

Indian Buffet-ing



On Friday, my good coworker [another Statistician, only this one isn't wee-gan] Sanjiv and I went out to SF's 'bestest' Indian Buffet, Amber. Supposedly, Bill Clinton - our nation's first black president - comes here every time he is in SF. Naturally with such a ringing endorsement, I had no choice but to go and see what all the hub-bub was about.

Normally, I'm somewhat particular with indian simply because there are so many spices I can't tell the difference between foods! Like my mouth will be so on fire from the garbanzo bean curry that the mushroom curry will taste like bananas...or maybe I just eat too many bananas and this is why I think everything tastes like bananas? Anyways, I digress. But it's called 'Amber' and it is one swanky place. A little too swanky for my scrony cycling ass but you get the idea. Walking in, I could immediately tell that 'Amber' and indian people have met and got along well - the place was PACKED.

The food was so good that naturally I overate. As if the first and second plate was satiating enough, I had no choice to go back for the chickpea + zucchini curried 'fritters' with more safron infused basmati. Yea, safe to say it got ridiculous and I'm positive I reached my daily caloric quota with that one meal. What was also key was 5 steps after we walked outside, Sanjiv and I stood there and groaned in unison!!! Safe to say that at 1:30pm PST, Alex came down with a severe case of food coma and from that time until around 3pm.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

What? Oh yea, the blog....where was I? Right 3pm. Yes, until then, it was difficult to concentrate.
And on that note. Good night. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment