Thursday, April 22, 2010

Watts + Fresh Baked Pizza = Thursday

Sigh...where to begin? Today was one of those days that was so interesting with respect to 'overall life' that I will have to take a while with this post.

Things got off to an auspicious start. Woke up to a sweet email from the ladyfriend which is always a joy :-) Afterwards, I rolled out of bed and for the first time, WAS NOT FREEZING MY OKOLE OFF! Wow, get a load of that! Got up, went to work and things were pretty chill there too. Checked email, answered some even! and then a coworker got me a free Jamba Juice. And if you're wondering, that's a Strawberry Whirl [bananas + strawberries] sub soymilk for that juice-crap they put in there.

My boss came by and paid a visit to my desk and he said 'holy shit man, how many bananas do you eat a day?' Alex: 'Not enough, I still cramp on my bike sometimes!' And before you could say 'got another banana, Alex?' it was 11:30, time for Indian Buffet at Amber [best Indian in SF, HANDS DOWN]. Went there with 3 other coworkers and promised myself NOT to overeat [I had a hard bike workout in the PM]. Naturally, I overate. So shoot me. Blah. And you know what it was? The saffron basmati rice and the rice pudding at the end [damn thing had slivers of almonds!]. Rolling out of the restaurant [literally!], it hurt to walk. I knew that if I sat down, it would be the end of me. So instead, I pulled up a pillow and kneeled on the ground for a good hour or two.

Somehow, I wasn't inundated by food coma and actually made it to my 3pm meeting. Even my bosses were impressed! 5 o'clock hit and that's go time for the bike. Good workout and it was fun because the Cal cycling team came out to do hill repeats too. It's even better when you blow right by them and their lead riders :-) Tearing some serious okole out there! Mike, wish you were here mate! Following up on yesterdays post, I also saw Mr. and Mrs. Bambi [deer] out on the road. They were pulling for me and after a minute or so, they pulled off and left me about 500m from the line. Good pull guys.

I come home, exhuasted and happy, to a freshly baked all vegan pizza that my landlady baked. Hand made vegan dough. Tomato sauce and lots of mushrooms. The note says "Alex, please enjoy, it's all vegan." How could I not? Before I even took a shower and get outta my cycling bib shorts, I finished the pizza. It was amazing. Hot off the oven....stupid good. And that pic is proof that vegans do, in fact, make the world go round. :-)

And with that, my stank ass needs to shower. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment