Monday, April 12, 2010

Couple of things about me....

...I've been fielding some interesting thoughts and comments that prompted me to write today's blog: Absolutely useless [fun] tidbits about me you probably think you know...and now I'm going to confirm them for you. =)
Where to start, where to start...might as well be the beginning eh?

1) I was born in Oakland, CA a city with a less than stellar track record for education and police hospitality.

2) I went to public school until college and while I was raised on the other side of the fence thanks to great parents, I tend to relate more to the scrappy guy vs. the suave guy.

3) When I was 3 yrs old, my brother put on Dr. Dre and since then, I've listened to rap music - or so the story goes.

4) I CAN believe it's not butter.

5) They're called briefs, NOT boxers.

6) Hot sauce is clearly better than BBQ sauce.

7) I have a few quality friends that I rely on and puposely chose quality over quantity.

8) I'd rather try and fail then fail to try.

9) I got a faux hawk because my favorite rider [Damiano Cunego] has one too. No I'm not on his grill, why you ask?

10) I would love to travel to India, Korea, Austria, Belgium and Vietnam.

11) One day, I'm going to go on Iron Chef America, armed with bananas and brown rice pasta and make Chef Bobby Flay call me 'daddy'.

12) I say 'that's what she said' too much [but I'm getting better!] and 'you know what I'm sayin!'. Last year, it was truly ridiculous.

13) I like it when my apples are cold so I put them in the fridge.

14) On a Saturday, I love sitting outside with my feet up, soaking in some sun, listening to my iPod and eating those aforementioned apples.

15) The LaraBar Cashew Cookie trumps all others ESPECIALLY the coconut cream pie bar.

16) Brown Rice > White Rice. I mean, that's just simple nutrition right there.

17) My hero's are my parents and my brother. I think youth these days don't realize how much our parents influence us.

18) I'd trade all my cycling and running talent for NBA talent any day of the week. Living above the rim = sooooo money.
19) Simplicity is key. Only by letting go do we finally realize what's important to us because it's still in our hands.

20) I really, really, really, REALLY like bananas.

21) Who would win between a lion or gorilla? Trick question. Face-to-face, pound-for-pound the gorilla would own the lion. However, for the lion, the gorilla is not its natural prey. BUT, if the lion were to hunt the gorilla [the way it does other animals], most likely the lion would win by surprise.

22) I went from a waist 36 to a 30/29 by going vegan and mostly raw. Hot diggity damn.

23) My favorite TV show right now is the jdrama 'Celeb to Binbo'.

24) Of all the foods I miss since being 'wee-gan-ized' I think egg and the taste of fried chicken are at the top.

25) Being vegan, I'm glad I gave up: Milk and Steak. No mas.

26) I don't drink alcohol most of the time [most of the time = maybe once, at best twice a week now] but when I do, I enjoy Wild Turkey or Knob Creek.

27) If you can believe it, I used to have diamond earings. I'm contemplating getting them back. thoughts?

28) One of the best Xmas eve's I've had was last year in Hawaii. I had 2 slices of my favorite vegan pizza and then went up Tantalus 4 times. Why? The sweetest guavas are at the top of the mountain. And I have been to the top of the mountain. And it is good young Skywalker.

29) As a boy, I played: soccer [Bay Oaks squad], basketball [Japanese league], YMCA basketball, kendo, and karate. In the end, I quit all the sports and took up running and now cycling. Being a glutton was just what the doctor ordered it seems.


30) If I had to do it all over again....oh wait, I don't have to huh?


The above pic shows Mr. Doofus himself [me] and my good friend Mike. He made this ridonculous cheese stack with like 9 different cheeses on a little piece of toast. Anyways, he ate the whole thing....whata silly guy.
So that's me right now and some of the things about me / I believe in. Hopefully these things come through despite my incessant urge to show off my bronzed legs and my 'less-than-flattering'-tan-lines.


Ciao!
yhp

4 comments:

  1. Dear god, do not let Alex get diamond studs...again. He's not a Guido, nor is he black. Just accept it man, you're a twinky ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you totally forgot "speaking of whoa and wow" ...that's what she said.

    love this post, almost as much as (1) you bringing back the diamond studs and faux hawk, (2) protein berry workouts at jamba, and (3) sufferfest cobblestones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, that was an awesome cheese stack!

    The sad thing is, that was just a fraction of what I ate that evening.

    Oh and one thing you missed...
    that evening with Kenji when you two had to kill that mouse in the dorm. You ended up hitting me with the frying pan and screaming like a little school girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apples do taste better cold. Hands down. And the day you're on Iron Chef I want to be a judge. I won't be able to taste all the other bacon laced food but it's not like it would matter. You would clearly win either way. Hands down. Even if you just served cold apples and bananas.

    ReplyDelete