Sunday, April 25, 2010

Weekend Tomfoolery






Gosh, hard to believe it's a) Sunday and b) not butter [although, I DO believe it's not butter. Wait...did I just contradict myself? Hmmm]. My weekend has been incredibly full of hard training rides, good friends, good laughs and of course, good food.

Friday was an off day on the bike and so I hung out in the city with the misses and then we went to Fellini's in Berkeley where a) we pigged out on wee-gan pizza [AGAIN!] and b) the owner, a good friend of my family, poured cold water over my head - to embarass me, of course. He's such a silly portugesean [<-- my word!]! In typical Alex-esque fashion, I've taken all of my 'less than flattering' photos which I'm sure my mom will have something to say about.

Saturday started off sucking big time but got better after a long nap in the afternoon. The bike ride was solid. Turns out my new 'steady state' power is 163 bpm @ 270 watts. Went to San Francisco to meet up with 2 of my closest friends, Mike and Tagaya and we always have a laugh - not to mention a few bottles of soju & kuronama beer [imported Japanese dark beer....outstanding!]. As all of you are now used to seeing, that's me trying to eat Mike's ear off because as a vegan, ANIMAL flesh is off limits. HUMAN flesh however....:-)

Sunday morning I got some okay sleep, woke up and watched Leige-Bastogne-Leige race [Vino?! Really?!] and then headed out for a quick 80 km of riding. Nothing epic but just the usual Sunday recovery ride. Today is grocery shopping so you all know what that means: bananas. But dinner tonite will be a special treat as I'm having it with my upstairs neighbors who are fixing me 3 italian, vegan pizzas! kapow! Naturally, I'll take photos of all that phoney-baloney and taunt you with it ;-)

And with that, it's time to eat again! Best part about cycling: I download data from my SRM which tells me calories lost. I take that number and divide by the calories in my favorite vegan burrito. Tip: My ass rounds UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment