Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Lunch with Mom [again!]

My mother - as most of you know - is an incredibly influential person in my life. Same goes for all of my immediate family in fact but today, mama tellez paid a visit in the city and we had a great time. Of course, we went to our favorite [my favorite] middle eastern shop and they know us very well. The owner gives my mom a hug and as usual, I give a high-five. Naturally we do the vegan thing and pick up 2 wraps doped up with lettuce, hummus, artichoke hearts, mushrooms and bell peppers. Add to this some basmati rice with lentils and grilled onions and you've got a tasty - tasty- tasty- lunch.

Per my last-last post, my heroes are my parents and brother. I've been to the Philippines once and saw where my mom was from and where she was raised and let me say this: If you think you've seen 'the hood'....well, let's just say, you aint seen jack shit yet. Born in the capital city of Manila, what she has done through this point of her life is nothing short of remarkable. Add to this farmer-parents and you can easily see why she is my hero. And the most amazing part is after all the work she goes through, the endless meetings, meetings about meetings, and then debriefings about those meetings about meetings, she still has time to come visit me, ask me if I'm taking my vitamins and encouraging me to eat more. Sugeeeeeeeeeeeeeei!


I put this photo up not because it's of me with my shirt off [again] - ALTHOUGH...... ;-)......if that wasn't reason enough to go vegan [go vegan, drop the kg's and look better than me!], I don't know what is! This photo was taken at the Bay to Breakers race last year and my mom was there. She got up @ 4am with me and waited patiently at the finish line for me to cross. She bought me bananas, and afterwards, we got to pig out on yummy food at the OrganicAthlete tent. This photo is great because we were having a laugh and someone caught it - an honest kodak moment with my hero. Mother and son, vegetarian and vegan.

Interestingly, Michael Jordan's heros were his parents too.
*******************************************
Revision to yesterday's story from an 'accredited source'
*******************************************
Kenji screamed like a girl too.
*******************************************
End revision
*******************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment