Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"The Story" [that Mike was referring to]



As the story that Mike is referring to [see comments on last blog] is a bit ridiculous, let me preface it with a nice picture today of the city. Sunny skies [still, not quite Hawaii weather...], sweet view of the bridge and a full stomach off of middle easter brown rice + lentil plate = bliss. Had it not been for orbitz sending me some goofy snail mail, I would never made it back to work on time. ;-)

The next pic is a photo of my long-time good friends from Brown. That's us girls singing karaoke 2 nights before I went on placing 3rd @ the SF half marathon. The song: Backstreet Boys, I want it that way. Straight. Filth. Son. Combine this with a few glasses of wine and let's just say the singing was more like shouting. Nevertheless, good times as always.

-----------The Story-------------
So here's the thing: As a senior living at Brown, I lived with 3 others in a suite. Thankfully, one of my best friends, Kenji, was there with me so it wasn't just my vegan self [although I was an omnivore at the time]. One afternoon, I think it was a Wednesday, Kenji, Mike Santos and I just finished a late lunch at Brown's infamously shabby dining facilities [you'd think they'd spruce it up a bit more for a preppy private school but no...............] and we decided to go back to the pad and listen to music.
As we're walking in, Santos notices a small mouse run into one of our roomates room [we'll call him 'Sam' for the time being]. Thing with Sam is his room was a hell hole of clothes, games and golf clubs / golf balls. We bang on the door and tell him a mouse ran into the room. He opens the door and we set up a path for the mouse to crawl out on and get in the mouse trap. It was a prime battle between nature vs man. Anyways, Tagaya asks me what happens if the mouse gets out, 'shouldn't we kill it?'. 'I guess', says Mike. So Tagaya, being the true diplomat, hands me a frying pan - like I'm supposed to do something with it. Anyways, Sam pulls clothes off from the floor and lo-and-behold, there's the mouse. It scurries out into the path we made for it and then deviates.....
...what to do, what to do?!?!?! The only thing that came to my mind was to scream like a pre-pubescent girl...so I did just that. Meanwhile Kenji and Mike are laughing at my sorry ass. So I decide to kill the mouse. And with all my might I raise my hand with the pan and BAM! The pan strikes Mike square in the face. He goes down, the mouse escapes, Kenji is laughing and I'm still screaming. At the end of the year, we had to return the pan to its owner. Did we? Nope. Unless they wanted a pan with an imprint of Mike's face on it. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment