Monday, February 22, 2010

What's this?! Vegan Pizza?! Oh yeah.




Two right here please....and thank you.


What's all that goodness you say? That would be vegan with melted 'cheese' pizza consumed at Fellini's restuarant in Berkeley. That day, I put in a solid 85 miles on the bike with some of the 35+ Master pros on Cal Giant Berry. And let me say, I think 50 is the new 24 cuz those blokes can drop some serious wattage. Bulging thighs and lots of horsepower made Saturday's ride epic.


Some of the boys at Clif Bar came out for the fun too which was good....good for me because I can steal all their Clif Bar products when they are guzzling their coffee [yeah, 2 shot blocks with no caffeine please].




I digress. Mom and I decided to try vegan pizza at this famous place in Berkeley. Berkeley, for those of you that don't know, is the 0nly communist city in America. The aesthetic is ripped courdery jeans with fixed gear bikes and people with scruffy beards named Zach or Josh. Yeah, a bunch of hippy, Birkenstock-wearing wannabe vegans. They're wannabe vegans because they dont walk around with a tshirt that says "Go Vegan" which is underneath another tshirt that says "Distance Runners Do it Longer". Word son.




I digress....yet again. Mom started with a kale and soyrizo soup which she promptly finished....and then she finished my hummus and garlic pita bread. How was it? Gee, I wouldn't know. Thanks mom. =) Next up were 2 fabulous pizzas with hefty dousings of Parma. I had something called a 'Paisano'. This was roasted red bell pepper sauce on gluten free dough, potatos, chopped tomatoes and soy cheese. Mom had a garlicy pesto with tons of greens and soy cheese. All in all, we stuffed our bellies and then we ate some more. As if being vegan wasn't already la dolce vita, this meal affirmed that yes, vegans [wee-gans to some] do have it good. Combine those pizzas with a skinny, faux-hawk-wearing, shaven-legged cyclist and you've got a cheerful guy whose excited about....




RETURNING TO HAWAII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


OH YEAH! VACATION TIME. WHY? BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID. Wait. That didn't make sense. Let's start over. WHY? BECAUSE IT'S 80 DEGREES, MY FAVORITE RUNNING SHOES AWAIT AND I JUST SO HAPPEN TO BE CRAVING HAWAIIAN PAPAYAS.




Mothers, hide your daughters. Okay, no need to go that far. But rest assured, papaya farmers, your ass is grass.

2 comments:

  1. That vegan pizza looks AMAZING. I have pizza cravings at random times but have yet to find a suitable vegan replacement. I wish we had a place in Boston serving that kind of vegan deliciousness.

    And I'm not even going to get into how jealous I am about you going to Hawai. Especially why this area is expecting snow all week. I'm envious of you and your euro-trash lifestyle. Completely envious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely you must have Amy's gluten free pesto vegan pizza? Man that one was good. I would doctor it up with lots of salad on the side. Man that was good.

    You realize, you could always come out to CA or HI and thaw out in the sun?! We're going to have talk about shelf space. We're going to butt heads on LaraBars and Steel Cut oats FOR SURE! =)

    And no panda puffs. Not because it's not good, but because I will probably eat all of it.

    ReplyDelete