Thursday, February 18, 2010

Are you a....Wee-gan?

Today, I was referred to as a 'Wee-gan'! Of course, this guy had a heavy Indian accent which is fine but it was interesting at first. I didn't know what to think! I was like 'okay asshole, I get it, I don't eat meat and you do. Okay.' But no, this guy was genuine and I soon realized that 'wee-gan' = 'vee-gan'. Of course, many Indians are vegetarian and I can also respect that. But you can only imagine my facial expression when I replied 'A what?'.

So I was doing some V02 intervals on the bike and the most ironic thing happens. The song 'Dont Worry Be Happy' comes on. I mean, seriously? Gimmie a break! Here I am suffering, getting ready to go into oxygen debt when lo and behold, I hear a guy whistling tellming to smile more. Hah. Gotta love that coincidence.

This San Francisco weather is very strange as of late. One day I'm out soaking up some Vitamin D, next minute I'm freezing my okole off, inside eating a middle eastern dish. And it was really good and I want to try and replicate it soon. Basically she uses rice [I'll probably use Brown rice], lentils and grilled onions. That's it. Yep, nothing more, nothing less. Maybe I'm going to add in some Spike and Bragg's liquid aminos? Hmm....I think this occassion calls for me attempting to make risotto in the rice cooker...the true athletes lazy-guide to cooking I think. All right you wee-gans and fellow non-wee-gans, keep those feet moving and let's have a good weekend. For the first time in weeks, I won't be racing my bike. Sigh....a much needed weekend off. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment