Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Not shabby San Francisco

Had a pretty cool moment today at lunch. I got my favorite vegan falafal sandwich with all the fixins' [hummus, eggplant, lettuce, avocado, hot sauce, tomatoes and cucumber] and sat outside in the San Franciscan sun. It was a nice moment. Add to this a full stomach and a reclining chair and chances are good that the work day would be over. Unfortunately, this wasn't possible just like previous dream of becoming a pro NBA ball player. Sigh....

Apparently, Lindsey Vonn won in the olympics for the downhill ski event. I wish I knew what the hell this was and why it's significant but truth be told, I could care less about winter sports with the exception of the winter olympics. So after it's through, let's give it a 4-year breakup and talk again in 2014. Wait...holy shit....in 2014, I'll be 29!?!?!?!?! Oh HECK no!

Scary thought, let's shift gears. Speaking of shifting gears, had a good day on the bike but my legs are still fried from 3 hard days over the weekend. My form of active recovery comes in the form of banana-kale-smoothies, larabars, and pasta. I have it in my mind that the more I eat, the better I can recover. Not sure if that's working but I am eating like a spoiled vegan with too much Parma on his hands. Yeah...it's been good. And what better way to call it a night than to sip on a glass of red wine [gasp! a rare sight!], watching the 10pm Sportscenter.

p.s. Tiger Woods apparently will make a statement on Friday. Should go something like this:
Tiger: "I want to apologize to Lucy, Carrie, Mary, Sally, Susan, Margaret, Jennifer, Sarah, Amy, Jennna, Danniele, Alexis, Rachel, and Kara. I enjoyed our time[s] together but now, I have to spend time[s] with Eilen. At least, I still got the big bertha.....I meant the driver by the way."

No comments:

Post a Comment