Monday, February 8, 2010

D-Day +1, So far so good

Per the last post, last night was my first official night in my new place. And for the record, I was freezing my little ass off. Wanna know how hot it is right now? 70 degrees F inside! Am I still cold? Hell Yes! Truth is when I burned all that fat from meat, I lost my insulation [thank god] along with my sanity =)

Mondays are always rough for me not because of the hard weekend of cycling but because...well, it's Monday. Who likes this day anyways? Good news is: It's over. Bad news: Tuesdays will be a painful effort on the biccicleta. V02 max intervals = blows. What makes it all better? soy yogurt? That's one! Chopped strawberries with agave? Two! Chocolate-soy Oatmeal with a nice spoonful of almond butter? Perfetto.

Seriously, if you do one thing this weekend, go out, get some steel cut oats and make oatmeal. Simple, add water, boil, light simmer, done. Then pour in some chocolate soy milk to give it a solid flavor and a generous spoonful of almond butter. Stir up and throw in a banana or two [or three] and you've got the Anti-Atkin Vegan form of heaven in a bowl. Trust me, I'm a Doctor! [cue cheesy ass Dr. Pepper ad]

1 comment:

  1. I LIVE off of steel cut oats. Seriously, my life blood. I'd trade my first born to ensure I was steadily supplied throughout my entire life. My favorite way is overnight oats. I let them soat in a container overnight in a vegan milk of your choice, then heat in the morning. They stay a little chewy that way and thats how I like them. Cause it's classy. Like me.

    ReplyDelete