Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Nice to know that today is Tuesday already!


But it came at a price...my legs were hurtin' today. Safe to say that I broke people off a new one on some of the climbs yesterday and Pine Flat RR but I also tore a new one into my okole [Hawaiian for 'ass'...you prolly guessed that didn't you?]. Consequently, I opted to stand whenever possible, thank you very much.

In other news, today was my first attempt to eat 3500 calories. Did I do it? Nope. Truth is, it's just hard to eat that many calories especially when it's not coming from the lovely kitchens of Cafe Gratitude, Herbivore, my mom's kitchen or when Emily's mom force-feeds me Chinese food [good food at that though!]. I swear, she buys half the damn store when she goes grocery shopping for the week!

Oh, that reminds me, I forgot to share pics of grocery shopping yesterday but I pretty much remember it by heart.
30 bananas [4-5 days AT MOST]
5 Clif Shot Blocks [no caffeine of course]
1 Box of Cashew Cookie LaraBars cuz the Coco Cream ones blow. ;-) [I know you know!!]
Lots of Steel cut oats......my vegan anti hero friend....there's MORE THAN ENOUGH for you and me....but only for a day or so. Then the fangs come out.
Brown rice pasta [3 bunches]
Whole Soy Mixed Berry Yogurt
Arrabiatta Sauce

k, question: I thought pesto was made WITHOUT cheese. So how come every damn jar of pesto I looked at had like 4 types of cheeses in it? Frankly, it's been so long since I've had cheese that I wouldn't know the taste but really, can you honestly say that pesto is good cuz of the cheese or because of the fresh basil, pine nuts and EVOO?!?!?!?! I ended walking out empty handed cuz all the pesto sauce was not vegan. Whole Foods Pesto: FAIL.

What else, what else....oh but of course, happy valentines day to all of my female readers [even if you get hit on by older men!]. Look at it this way, at least you didn't spend your valentines day after a bike race, thoroughly throttled legs, eating a vegan sandwich at whole foods and listening to italian trance music. Evelyn and I had a great day, she was obedient and responsive to all of my needs. Perfetto.

Not too much worth mentioning on the Tuesday Download. Only song I've decided to download was off the Armin Van Buuren State of Trance February, Track 1, 'And we flew away'. A decent track to put in some miles on. And on that note, it's time to throw back a Stevia-sweetened, gluten-free, corn-free, vegan cola. Bottoms up.

1 comment:

  1. My valentines day involved a man (a stranger) who was over the age of 40 saying straight to my face, "you have beautiful eyes. if only your boobs were bigger you could be my valentine." Perfect no?

    But yea, I'm coming for those steel cut oats. Or am I too late already??? And pesto has cheese...which is why I make my own. And I'm cheap so I usually make it with walnuts (instead of pine nuts), basil leaves, garlic, nutritional yeast and lemon juice. DO IT. Also a good mix: sundried tomatmoes, almonds, garlic, basil. And then spices to your pleasing. Those are my vegan offerings for you today.

    ReplyDelete