Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Holy F....I cannot run anymore!

Well first off, ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHA.
The weather? Do you really wanna know?
The food? Do you really wanna know?
The people? When do you want me to stop?
Bikini-clad-women-holding-surfboards? Umm....yes.
Giggling when they see a skinny runner with shaved legs running towards them?
Let's just say, I heard this comment uttered by 2 japanese tourists as we waited at a stop light
[you can tell they're burning holes through my pants]: "Oishisou ne"
That means: [literally] Delicious looking.

Now surely, I thought they were referring to my fabulous euro hawk. Why? Because honestly, I say the same DAMN THING!

Okay but onto serious matters, since I started being a devoted cyclist, I haven't been running at all for the last 2 months. And what do I do after a hard set of V02 intervals? Run 7 miles at a 6 minute pace. Whoa nelly. I'd rather suffer on my bike than go through that experience. I felt sooooooooooo slooooooooooooow. Not only that, everything hurts! And so I'm reminded that my body is - despite being vegan - fragile. It's going to react when you throw down 7 miles miles 'just cuz'. But did it feel good? Yezzir.
Did I do it in my favorite pair of running shoes? Yezzir.
Did I rest up in the jacuzzi with a vegan protein shake and THREE Cashew cookie larabars.
Oh yeah.
Jealous? Bet you are. Just ask your cousin. She knows whatsup. =)

But aloha everyone, the weather is fine. And now onto the finer things in life: MORE LARABARS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment