Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What I eat on a daily basis Part UNO


(Click to make larger....that's what she said?)

I've been getting some interesting questions from people asking me what EXACTLY I eat on a daily basis. Apparently, my response: "Everything except meat, dairy, cheese, refined-sugar-anything, honey, eggs, seafood, Subway Sandwiches [based on principle], Starbucks" didn't fly. As a result, I've decided to take a snapshot of my www.fitday.com nutrition intake.

First thing you'll notice: My diet is the evil step-child of Dr. Atkins. Protein? Eh...mas-o-menos. Carbs? ASS-LOADS. Fiber? Don't even get me started....

On a given week, I probably consume more fruit than people do in a month. Why? Well, I like sugar and I like carbs. And when I get both in CHEAP SUPPLY = one happy vegan. My weapon of choice? The trusty banana. A close second: HAWAIIAN-grown Papaya. Throw in a LaraBar and I could live off these three foods indefinitely.

You'll notice a nice balance of raw and cooked foods. This is the happy medium that I have reached in my diet. I'll admit, I love fruit. And by love, I mean like the love I got for yo mama =) But I also enjoy cooked vegetables a lot such as roasted zucchini, eggplant, red bell peppers, thai curry [hungry yet?].

If I were truly King Shit, I'd make fruit "burritos". Just think, what if you could:
Brown rice tortilla, agave-drizzled brown rice, strawberries, bananas and cashew butter?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I digress.

Let me also take this post to give a big filipino shout out to my boi Kenji. After Brown, he changed his life, got his eating "right" [in quotes because he's not a vegan so I can't say it's 'correct'], fixed some lifestyle issues, got in teh gym, does muay thai kick boxing, has BICEPS!, and [gasp] is courting a woman I hear?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? The romantic in me wants to believe he got the inspiration from reading my blog but most likely he got it from watching some old-school Sean Connery 007 film and thinking "damn, why can't I be like that? Hmmmm...."
Alex's Guess: From Russia With Love.

1 comment:

  1. You've got your wittiness back! Great blog....amusing and entertaining to read.

    ReplyDelete