Friday, January 1, 2010

So this is home huh?

One night of restless sleep and dreams about playing poker with dogs, I woke up bleary-eyed at 3:38am to January 1, 2010. Upon pounding some water, I fell back to sleep, then got up again to the smell of coffee. Big whif of that is just what the doctor ordred for breakfast: 3 bananas and 1 Larabar. After that, I took Evelyn [bike] out of her box and realized just how fu*ked it was. There was a partially bent part and when I tried riding her, she complained all afternoon and I couldn't find the higher gears while climbing. so instead, I did 22 miles of hilly terrain in the big ring and middle cog - crap.

Soon after that, I took it to the only bike shop open today and BAM! Go ahead and light $120 on fire all for my Evelyn. Sigh...the things we do for love. But now she's good to go and after 3 vegan tameles [mmm mmmmmmmmmm!] and watching the OSU vs. Oregon game, I feel a lot better.

Right now, I should be excited about the new chapter in my life, full of zest and all that jazz. Instead, I'm a bit lethargic and am not ready to admit that Hawaii is temporarily gone. I guess it's because I make trips often and so I'm not 'feeling home' yet. It's like I'm waiting to go back in a few days but nope...not this time. And so my New Year's passed by, the real fireworks at the Tellez residence begins tomorrow. Whoa nelly.

Tomorrow, I'll be riding with the new team, Berkley Bike Club [BerkeleyBike.org]. We'll see how that goes...peace out son. Hope you and your's had a safe and vegan new year's.

1 comment:

  1. Liking the word "temporarily" in reference to Hawaii. Hopefully the feeling of waiting a few days is just a few days times maybe 100 or so. Sorry to hear about your bike...enjoy all the space you have on the mainland to ride. Bundle up and have fun with the low temps.

    ReplyDelete