Monday, January 18, 2010

Vegan Alfredo??? Say WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?





This weekend, dad and I made plans to make a vegan alfredo sauce. Truth is, my dad isn't getting younger and he won't kick his caffeine addiction anytime soon; thus, he wants to eat better and of course, I was first to blurt out 'VEGANISM!'. So after careful thought and planning we set out to make a vegan alfredo sauce.

Ingredients:
Soft tofu
Nutmeg
Salt + pepper
Onion powder
Garlic powder
Vegan margarine
-----------------------
We blended this nonsense all together until it was a creamy sauce. Then, we transferred to a sauce pan which included........
1/2 onion chopped
4 cloves of garlic
5 shiitake mushrooms
-----------------------
Simmer on low flame and there you have it! Vegan alfredo! And the outcome? Well...I was certainly happy! I haven't had alfredo since....since....before veganism!
P.S. had the subway veg-patty today. Barf Barf Barf. Truth is someone at work was buying and what can I do except accept? Despite the heaploads of veggies piled on top, I still remain firm in my assessment of all things Subway: It sucks balls.

Anyways, from dad and myself, try this vegan recipe and then go out and get a lottery ticket.
"You're going to like the way you look, I guarantee it."
-The dude from Men's Warehouse commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment