Monday, January 4, 2010

New Job: Day Uno

So I'm working in San Francisco and let me just say, it's COLD. As in BRRRRRRRRRRRRR cold. Then again, my panzy-Hawaiian-sun-kissed self cant really say much especially to you east-coasters. Regardless, it's cold and thank god for warm tea. Chamomile is my preferred weapon of choice with some agave syrup. Hmm...think I'll go brew some of that right now.

-------15 minutes later-------------
Okay, we're good to go. Where was I? Ah yes, work. So I work at 388 Market Street which is near the Embarcadero in San Francisco. Really nice area and my commute is roughly 40 minutes. 40 minutes! That's way more than my get-out-of-bed-check-hair-and-go 10 minute commute in Honolulu. But here's the thing: There's a local and organic cafe across the street from where I work. So what was for lunch you ask? Grilled veggie sandwich with pesto on toasted french bread with a side salad. Yum.

Joined a gym called Equinox that was cool. Aside from awesome facilities, spa, indoor pool, lounge, cafe, juice bar, internet area, steam room and what not, the shampoo and soap are all from Kiehl's. Yeah. It's nice. Can you say 15-minute showers? Um. Hell yes.

3 comments:

  1. Is it a lap pool? If so, I'm jealous. Oh wait, I'll just go to Ala Moana beach and swim in the warm Pacific Ocean while the beautiful sun glistens above me. The women's jacuzzi, cold plunge, steam room, etc. re-opened at the HC and it's a decent renovation although your new gym seems nice. Do they have spin classes (even though I know that real cyclists supposedly don't spin)? Peeps at the HC are asking where you are. They don't seem to believe that you've relocated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's a lap pool with a jacuzzi and deck chairs. Best part, deck chairs have cup holders! Yes!

    They do have spin class! And they have watt bikes that measure power. You would LOVE it sarah.

    What are you telling HC peeps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds amazing! I'm telling the HC peeps who ask that you're working and training in California. We all miss you!

    ReplyDelete