Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Training just hurts right now

Right about now, my legs are perched up on the desk as I write this blog...trying to drain the lactic acid buildup that is no doubt accumulating. The past few days, I've been a bit tired and difficult training really isn't helping the war effort. In fact, the past few days of training have been so hard, I'm beginning to question the meaning of life.

Apparently, buddha said life is suffering. Well friends, that rings ever true when I'm suffering on my bike. Interval sessions on the bike are similar to running sessions when one does interval training. Difference is, on the bike you can do MORE of them whereas in running the body really begins to break down [like...seriously].

I had this workout today that was so blisteringly difficult, even the pasta I made after it tasted bland! I mean, c'mon! That's pasta and for those of you following this silly blog, you KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE PASTA! That should tell you something.

So I'm going to make it up tonite and treat myself to a belgian beer. Ahhh, the simple pleasures. Work has been going well but I'm constantly freezing my brown-ass off in and outside the office. What is that Mark Twain once said? The coldest winter I've had was a summer spent in San Francisco? Some shit like that...can't remember.

Tomorrow: much, much, much needed off day.
Oh yeah...got this awesome sandwich I'll prolly snap photos of tomorrow.
Toasted ciabatta bread with avocado, ton of greens, roasted eggplant, peppers, zucchini and jalapenos to boot. All that and a freckly banana = one happy 25-year old kid. =)

Okay, on to the beer.
Cheers or as they say in Flemish: "Asmdjfklasngkn vjoebnjksenrjhb"
Okay that don't really say that but you get the idea!

1 comment:

  1. And I love how you are complaining about San Francisco weather. Love it. I'm eagerly anticipating the photo of that sandwhich by the way.

    And you speak Flemish? I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete