Friday, January 22, 2010

Tomorrow is my FIRST road race!!!!!!

Whoa nelly! My first ever cycling road race is tomorrow. My hope is to just sit in and learn from people. Listen to noises, watch faces, and drink the tears of human suffering =) Okay no really, prolly won't be doing that but my hope is to just enjoy racing my bike. It'll be a first for me because unlike running, one must strategize, think about fellow competitors, stay alert for accelerations and all this other kablooey. Whereas in running, you throw on the shorts, lace the shoes and keep the appointment you have with yourself. No need to think about drafting, accelerating or all that other stuff. Just get out and run. Simple. Fastest dude wins. Cycling however, I've learned that you don't have to be the strongest guy to win. In fact, you need to be fastest guy to react to things. And that's different.

Think of it as missionary vs. dog...ahh, nevermind. I'm drifting off somewhere in the gutter. In other exciting news, I'll be getting the faux-hawk tomorrow. Yes, you read correctly. If you've been following the blog, I've been contemplating this decision for a while. Truth is 2 folks at my job have this and every day I see them I go 'I love you hair and am jealous'. Well no more! Now that the banking shackles are off, it's game-on for tomfoolery! And so...the shit storm begins! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment