Saturday, January 2, 2010

Post New Year's Tomfoolery


So that's my dad doing what all painting-italian-studying-yogalates-retired guys do: make art out of anything, including my glass and my cousin's. Yes indeed, things in the Tellez family are pretty ho-hum.


Had my first ride today with a group of riders from the Clif Bar team. Fortunately for me, much of these guys go into hibernation for the off-season which meant I was in plenty good shape. Problem is the weather was in the mid-forties as we made fast desents and braced up to rain and strong headwind. Throw in the added benefit of thinned out blood from Hawaii and the fact that you're wearing cycling shorts and not long pants and well, you've got a sure fire recipe for freezing you ass off. And ladies and gentlemen, make no mistake, I FROZE MY ASS OFF.


As I was cycling, I looked left and right and was startled to find cows, green fields and cars, LOTS of cars. Palm trees? No. Mountain ranges? Nope. Bikini-clad women holding surfboards? Negative. Sigh...the choices I make.


In other news, tomorrow is my first bike race ever! An earlybird criterium in Fremont, CA. Oooooh boy, this will be interesting. Upon asking a good friend about crits, I was told "stay away from the idiots!". Yeah...problem with that is what the hell am I supposed to do if I'm an idiot myself?!?!?! More news at 11 =)

No comments:

Post a Comment