Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tuesday like Monday - Sucked as usual

Sigh...another day where I left to have lunch at home given the depressing state I was in. Ugh, there are times let me say, where my patience and personal integrity are questioned and that really irks me. The patience part I can deal with but the questioning of my integrity...well, that's a whole different story.  Thank god I have hellacious workouts to 'ease' the pain! Psyche. 

Been experiencing some interesting pains in my legs that are quite new. Granted, I basically crush and destroy my legs twice a day like everyday so perhaps it's some of that catching up? Doubtful as I've been doing this for a while. I certainly know what running sore is but I may be borderline running injured!!  It's in an interesting area just above my ankle.  The back of my calves are also quite sore but I think the area on top of my ankle is more tendon than any muscles. Hurts to run on it frankly.  And so what do I do? Yep, run on that beezy.

So here's today's log with day 2 of a cycling plan. Man it sucked too...in a good way that is.
AM: Vo2 bike workout. Interval training which was painful but really good...felt I burned a lot of calories!!
PM: 7 mile run. 1 mile warm up, then 6 hellacious miles at a 5% gradient. Average pace of 7:24 but I assure you, every quarter-mile, I upped the stakes a little bit and by the last mile, I was running a 6:18 on a 5% grade. Holy crap it was painful but wonderful to do. Easily 1300 calories burned. 

Diet Log (all over the place today)
----------------------------
Pre and Post bike: Electrolyte drink
Breakfast: Raw chocolate green smoothie with tons of romaine and kale thrown in. Wow. Almost too much green because it was that bitter.
Lunch: Went back home and polished off 2 bowls of vegan chili (black beans, lentils, celery, tomatoes, zucchini, garlic and onion...that's it!), brown rice ball, soba noodles with tofu and TONS of salad with some avo thrown on top. Yummy but waaay too much food. While I ran I felt weighed down with all that stuff in me!
Dinner: Green smoothie with watermelon thrown in. Killer combination.  I'm going to take a picture of what I throw in my smoothies since most people are amazed at the sheer VOLUME of food that goes in there. 
Snack: water, banana and a LaraBar. Post run was a raw vegan protein drink.

Ahh, rest day tomorrow....JUST KIDDING! Killer bike workout followed by a 10 mile run. =)
I would provide the Tuesday download but this isn't possible because my itunes says it cant connect (despite me writing this blog onine AND connecting from my iphone). Craziness.


No comments:

Post a Comment