Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday Sucked - So much so, I WENT HOME for lunch

<-- The closest I will ever get to eating meat again.  And honestly, after you see Food Inc. you wont want to eat meat again anyways. 

Yep, my day / morning was so rough, I decided to go home and be by myself for lunch! But it was all good because I had an outstanding green smoothie while at home. It had 5 bananas, tons of watermelon, kale and collard greens finished with some frozen strawberries. WOW. Blew me away with the flavor. Combine this with a chocolate LaraBar = raw vegan love. And lots of it at that.

So, while i was in my pj's drinking my smoothie during the lunch hour, I said, eh...what the heck and watched an episode of one of my favorite Japanese dramas - affectionately known as J-dramas.  Saw a badass movie yesterday, Food Inc.  For those that haven't seen this or are interested, I STRONGLY urge you to see it and be amazed.  I was shocked to find out that in the typical supermarket, there are 7,500 varieties of food and goods sold, of which 80% come from only 4 COMPANIES! That's practically a monopoly! And yet this truth is hidden and the process by which people consume meat and the exploited workers are also hidden.  One person today told me, 'I don't want to see it because I don't want to know'.  This is just like saying 'I'm going to smoke cigarettes and avoid the doctor until it's far too late for my life, but hey, at least I didn't know and lived in blissful ignorance'.  Such is the sad state of our people and our health system.  It's skewed towards being dollar-friendly; and for that reason, the big mac cost less than the head of broccoli.  Such a shame isn't it.

Anyways, here's the daily log of activities. Finally! I have a 'cycling routine' given to me by my cycling coach! Oh thank heaven (for bananas at 7-11) or I'd be SOL.  
Exercise Log
-------------------------
AM - recovery ride. 1.2 hours of nice, easy spinning.  No hill work really, just some honest to goodness cycling with a morning breeze. Ahh, just wonderful.
PM - 6 miles. 1 mile warm-up at 6:18 pace. Then the following 5 miles were hit with these times: 5:49 (mile 1), 5:42 (mile 2), 5:39 (mile 3), 5:30 (mile 4), 5:24 (mile 5).  I felt good until mid-way of mile 4.  Must've been the 150+ cycling miles catching up to me!

Diet Log
--------------------------
Pre-bike: Orange electrolyte drink
Post-bike: Lemonade electrolyte drink
Breakfast: green smoothie with raw 'granola'
Lunch: SUPER good watermelon smoothie. Totally, totally kicked ass. LaraBar to munch on.
Dinner: Massive green smoothie again with raw granola and vegan oat cake.
Snacks: Water, brown rice ball. I'm close to kicking this one though! Going to eat a LaraBar instead or more watermelon and be a 'fat' happy camper.

Got some left over vegan chili from the weekend. Might have that for lunch tomorrow...we'll see. Perhaps some vegan chili with a salad and rice ball? Sounds good to me.  Then load up on more watermelons of course! I went through massive amounts on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment