Wednesday, August 26, 2009

More Motivation

Gotta really cool message from an old college friend that really is the inspiration of this particular post. In short, I'm glad people can look to me as an inspiration to see what's possible on the vegan / raw vegan lifestyle. Truth is, I'm still figuring this stuff out too so it's a learning process. One that is both painful [like now] and joyful [like gulping a big smoothie after a long ride] and extremely rewarding.

I've also got requests to post more pictures of what I eat, heart rates for workouts and some pictures of well run routes. For those that are tech-savvy, I have a Garmin 405 and can use this to show my workouts along with my heartrate and pace. Running right now though is a bit too much work for my road-rash-ravaged leg but when I get some skin back, I'll be sure to be more detailed. I'm a huge fan of the Heart Rate monitor method of training and should comment on this with another post.

Today I had a pretty good cycling effort which consisted of 2 workouts, both heavy on hills. The morning effort I did with Sarah at the gym on a stationary. It was still pretty gross because my bandages keep slipping off. Note to others: Don't use adhesive tape for your wounds as this will - counterintuitively - make the bandage more prone to peel off. The reason is the tape adhesive is not as strong as that on the bandage [Tegaderm is the name]. And so sweat can easily cut through the tape, making the bandage fall. My afternoon cycling effort was awesome and was highlighted by my new cycling kit that came in the mail today. It's the Liquigas King of the Mountain kit which has polka dots all over it.

Diet Log:
Breakfast: Green Chocolate smoothie made with Navitas Naturals raw cacao powder and cinnamon.
Lunch: Another green smoothie with Clif Builders Bars. Big fan of this bar as it's 20grams of protein and VEGAN.
Dinner: Salad pizzas with tofu cubes on brown rice tortillas. Brown rice pasta with arrabiata sauce and a massive salad.
Snacks: Water, LaraBar, Clif Protein Bar, Odwalla soymilk product.

No comments:

Post a Comment