Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Finally, a grueling day!

Just like the title indicates today toally sucked in a really good way. My bike ride was 50 minutes of absolute hell this morning. Literally, my mouth was open and I was cringing in pain. Emily doesn't like sports that my mouth stays open for long periods of time...well, she definitely won't watch my cycle races it seems. Natrually my running races are a no-no too!

But yeah, my morning was an insane bikeride...totally insane. But again, I'm learning to live with pain. I know that sounds pseudo-masochistic but it's true...such is the reality of being a cyclist. PM was a nice 7 mile run that started off hard and then ended slow when I went 'shit, I've got a hard run day tomorrow'. Immediately after the run, I wolfed down 3 bananas real quick.

Diet was pretty good again today too. I'm growing fonder and fonder of apples again...big, delicious red apples are so good, especially when they're cold =)

Breakfast: Green Smoothie
Lunch: Green Smootie
Dinner: Salad with a grilled-tofu vegan sandwich, loaded with veggies and extra sprouts
Snacks: larabar, apple, freshly squeezed oragne juice [huge fan of this now].

Tomorrow will be a nice recovery ride which means some good iTunes cranking at 5:30am. Sweet. Emily started her blog about applying to med schools...I've put it on my blog list to the right.

Hopefully, I'll be getting some raw granola from one of my sponsors tomorrow. Will let you know what flavor I get! Aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment